Monday, March 22, 2010

Ashes to Ashes

This is a collection of images I recently shot with the Canon 7D. I always try and make a short have some kind of storyline or meaning. This one isn't so clear as some of my others! I guess it's up to you to interpret what it means or is about. The title refers to the saying "ashes to ashes and dust to dust" which is said at funerals. The imagery of cemeteries sort of works in that context, as does the falling snow which looks like it could be ashes. Anyway, it's meant to be a peaceful relaxing video of some of my favorite clips of this past winter. Let me know what you think!

The matched dissolves to autumn where all done manually by eye, just returned to the same spot months later and put the slider in the same spot, framed similarly (no reference to the other shots on hand) and shot away. It actually wasn't until I returned to the edit suite that I realized they matched pretty close!

Sorry it has been so long since I updated!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Excelent Paul, another jewel, for my blog and for the whole world.

PF Productions said...

Glad you liked it! Checked your blog out. WOW! Amazing amount of work you have done there. Keep up the good work!

PollyWogsBlog said...

Riveting. Paul I found this so compelling. Great choice or music, I love the fall/winter transitions and the tilt up on the tree/sun in the cemetary. Reminds me of james in the bible, "we are a mist that appears for a little while, and then vanishes" nice work, maybe a nice in don's story.

Ilonely said...

The Rest Is Silence!
Snowflakes in dad dreams.So quietly dramatic!