Friday, January 9, 2009

Ice

I'm continually fascinated by the incredible formations of ice that a winter stream can produce. These intricate patterns change by the hour as water that has been super cooled collides and freezes to anything it touches. The river banks and rocks widen with the ice until it completely engulfs the water underneath. I added all the vignetting to the images, to me it looks better with the darkened and blurred corners. It focuses your attention more to the middle. It looks slightly more extreme on here than it does on a real TV due to over scanning on a TV. I edit mostly for TV so that is what I used for a reference.

This was shot with my Sony EX1 with Letus Extreme adapter and Nikon 35-70mm F-2.8 lens. IndiSlider used on a few shots. Music is called "Minor Blue" by David Darling.

2 comments:

Jan said...

Paul,

What a nice gift you've given us with that video. Stunning. It's nice to know that this -0 weather will be useful inspiration for you at least.
Hope you and yours are well and stay warm!
Hugs
Jan

PF Productions said...

Great to see you on here Janice! It sure has been cold! To be honest, it's been too cold for me to go shoot! I wimp out around 0 degrees.