Thursday, December 3, 2009

November Gray

Another short that I shot with the Canon 7D. Its a dreary time of year here in Upstate New York. Not much light or color. Very short days. I went to a waterfall not too far from my house that has an old abandoned mill next to it.

I used the indiSlider in a lot of these shots to add some interest. I call this piece NOVEMBER GRAY, though in reality, the 7D captured alot of color in these scenes! It continues to amaze me. I also shot this one at 1080 24p. I also used the stock lens that cvame in the kit for some of the closeups of the waterfall. Its the 28-135 f.3.5-5.8 IS Canon Lens. Its tack sharp and the depth of field is quite nice when you are zoomed in, even though it's only a f5.8 lens at that point.

I did some color correction, mainly to adjust white balance, I was shooting so early after sun up that the color temperature was changing quite rapidly.

The music is from Digital Juice. Vol. 50 the song is called MOVING FORWARD.


3 comments:

Notch Consulting said...

Paul,

Was that the Fort Ann iron furnace at the beginning?

GREAT WORK!

Sue

PF Productions said...

Thanks Sue! No this is all shot at Woods Falls between Altona and Moores NY. Thanks for watching!

Ilonely said...

Oh,Paul,your movies are balm for the eyes and heart...what a wonderful world!Thank zou with all my soul!