Thursday, May 20, 2010

Nature's Serenity

It's a wonderful time of year. Birds are chirping and the air is fresh and clean in the mountains! I find it very serene and peaceful. This is a collection of images I have shot in the past few weeks in Upstate New York here in the US.

It's my first attempt at presenting a video in a panavison, or cinemascope widescreen format! The 2.35 aspect ratio works well for these shots, especially in HD on a BIG screen. I used my Sony EX1 and also a Canon 7D camera. Lenses used were my Tamron 17-55mm 2.8, and the 28-135mm kit lens.

Enjoy and I hope the wide format is OK with everyone, it really is fun to compose for it! It's much more epic this way! Let me know what you think.




3 comments:

D said...

Absolutely beautiful Paul.. One of my favorites!

Anonymous said...

You live in paradise! Paul, sure, stunning landscapes. Nice work with the wedding,too, ...very,very splendid work. They (the new marriage) have to be very grateful to you.


Greetings from Catalonia.

Ilonely said...

Splendid!
Your work is just a balm for my eyes and soul!
Congratulations,Paul.