Friday, July 22, 2011

My most personal film yet!

"Return to Moose Pond"

I usually do non-narrative short films. This one is different! My wife, son and I love to go wilderness camping. Where you canoe in with a tent, food and all you need to a remote site. The last several years we have not found the time to go, however our son is getting older and soon won't be able to go with us, so we made sure to get away this summer.

It was a special trip and one that I felt needed some narration to explain how I was feeling about it all. This is ultimately about spending as much quality time as possible with your kids while you can! Most of the music is by a friend of mine, Scott B. Adams from the CD "Listening to the Adirondacks". Check him out on iTunes!

I hope you enjoy what is surely my most personal film to date.

On the technical side, I used a SONY EX1 and a Canon 7D along with a Konova slider. Only had room in the canoe for a real junky tripod, hence not much panning or titling! I shot the 7D footage with the Technicolor cinestyle preset and graded with Magic Bullet Looks.

Let me know what you think of this departure from my normal videos.

3 comments:

Elder Abreu said...

Hello Paul,
first of all, you have amazing videos in your gallery. Very nice well done from the image capturing until the editing. Inspiring!

I'd like to ask you a couple of questions regarding the lens that you use with your Canon 7D. Could you tell me what lens they are? I saw a post of you in the dvxuser forum under a topic "Tamron 17-50mm Non-VC for video". Is it the Tamron SP AF 17-50mm f2.8 XR Di-II LD Asph. IF? and is that a VC or non-VC version?

I'm so sorry about this questions but I'm starting to capture video with a new Canon 600D but I'd like to have one or two good lenses to use.

Thank you in advance.

Best regards,
Elder Abreu

Elder Abreu said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
PF Productions said...

Thanks for the comment Elder. Yes, it is that lens but I have the non-VC version. At the time I got mine, the VC version was not an option. If I were you, and could swing the extra money, I would get the VC version. Many times when I am doing handheld, I wish I had the VC version. This is my go to lens for most of my shooting. I have a Tokina 11-16mm F2.8 for wide shooting and the kit lens 28-135 for tele work.

best of luck to you!

Paul